The autumn isn´t here yet, officially, but the weather here in our little corner of the world is catching up already. The transition between seasons can be pretty tricky. If you are like me and dressing for fall is not exactly for you, I know the feeling. You can never know what the weather comes with. One day you´re sweating your ass off, the next you´re freezing cold. But what I really like about this season is layering. So I have taken few pieces out of my closet that are an absolute salvation for this in between period.
- Chambray shirt. The perfect classic wardrobe staple. They are versatile and work perfectly as a layering piece. If it´s warmer outside I love to roll up the sleeves and wear it with skirt and sandals. For colder days I layer it under thin sweater or cardi or as a top layer with a basic tee, jeans, and flats.
- Jumpsuit. This piece of clothing you can wear all year round. Always try to opt for quality pieces from silk or cotton. When the cold weather sets in, you can dress them up with a pair of heels and leather jacket for the night out or oxfords and blazer for the office.
- Summer knit. The best piece to fight the unstable weather. It´s thinner than turtleneck or cashmere sweater and options are endless. You can pair it well with a pencil skirt or midi skirt and heels, or with boyfriend jeans and a pair of sneakers.
- Thin sweater. While the weather is still not cold enough for chunky knit sweaters, thin sweater or cardigan is a perfect thing to have on hand for the chilly mornings or evenings. Always go for quality material so the top isn´t itchy but it´s comfy and warm at the same time.
- Long-sleeve blouse/shirt. A silk blouse or cotton shirt will give you more coverage than the basic tee, but it´s also light enough to layer under the leather jacket or oversized cardi. I really like my tops in white color, because it´s the most versatile color and you can wear it with everything, but if you want to pair it with bold hues or prints, opt for darker colors.
- Leather jacket. When it comes to must-haves for the fall season, a classic moto jacket is that case. It will never let any outfit down. No more words needed.
- Elongated vest. The versatile and the most underrated layering piece you can wear in warmer and colder days.
- Cropped trousers. Great piece when jeans are not an option. These will keep you cool in early fall days, comfortable in more chilly days. You can pair them with a camisole and pointy flats in warmer days and with a long-sleeve blouse and ankle boots in colder days.
- T-shirt dress. They are so comfy to wear. Sooo comfy. And so stylish at the same time. And they come in so many variations – long, short, high-low, striped, knit, long sleeve, etc., etc. Pair them with heels, flats, sneakers, tote bag, saddle bag, backpack, jean jacket, cardigan… Options are endless.
- Black opaque tights. The perfect piece to repurpose the summer dress or add an edgy touch to distressed boyfriend jeans.
- Plaid scarf. You can wear this with everything from a t-shirt dress to cozy knits or with any basics. It will add the perfect touch to any outfit.
- Pointed flats. These look more stylish than the ones with rounded toe and you can add a pop of color to any outfit. My favorite way to style them is to pair them with a casual dress or with skinny jeans and an oversized shirt.
- Ankle boots. They can get you through the colder days. Go for neutral suede or leather boots.
- Saddle bag. This is a classic that never goes out of style. For autumn go for neutral colors in tan or black. I love to add some pop of color to my neutral outfits so I have one in red. You can never go wrong with saddle bag, and tan goes with everything and it doesn´t have fall written all over it.
What are your wardrobe staples for the upcoming season?